What is Home Tab in MS Word:- The Home Tab is the default tab in MS Word. Which gives the user access to the most commonly used commands/controls. Using these, the user can decide how the text will appear in the document.
Usually, when you open MS Word, the Home Tab remains open by default. However, you can also access it by clicking on Home in Menu Bar.
Home Tab is used the most while creating a document in MS Word. For example changing the Type, Size, and Color of the Front; Bold, Italic and Underline text; All important commands related to cut and paste text are present in this tab.
In the post (What is Home Tab in MS Word) below, you will get to know in detail about all the commands of Home Tab and their functions. let see What is Home Tab in MS Word
What is Home Tab in MS Word – All Commands of Home Tab and their Functions
What is Home Tab in MS Word Home Tab is the most important tab in MS Word. It includes all those commands, which are used the most while creating the document.
Users can open the Home Tab through their keyboard by pressing Alt+H Shortcut Key, or they can use the mouse to click on the Home Tab in the Menu Bar.
There are five command groups inside the Home Tab:
The Clipboard Group is located on the far left side of the Home tab. Some major commands like – Cut, Copy, Paste and Format Painter have been included in this. What is their use, most users are familiar with it.
1. Cut – Using this command, you can remove any text or entire paragraph in the document, and paste it in another place in the document.
2. Copy – This command is used to copy the text in the document.
3. Paste – This option is used to paste the copied text anywhere in the document.
4. Format Painter – With the help of this option, you can apply the format of one text to another text.
5. Clipboard Launcher – This option is located in the lower-right corner of the Clipboard Group. The items you cut and copy in the document are stored here.
Commands included in Font Group, are used for text formatting. Using these, we can make the look of the text attractive. So that it is convenient for us to read the document. The Font group option allows you to change the style, size, color of the text, etc. of the text in the document.
1. Font Type – It is used to change the font style in MS Word. For example Calibri, Arial, etc.
2. Font Size – It is used to increase and decrease the size of the font.
3. Increase/Decrease Font Size – They are also used to increase or decrease the text size.
4. Bold – Used to make text bold (thick).
5. Italic – It is used to give italic look to the text you have selected. This means that the body of the font is tilted forward.
6. Underline – This is used to underline the text you have selected.
7.Strikethrough – This is a straight line drawn across the text. It looks as if the text has been truncated. It is used to indicate that the text should be removed.
8.Subscript – This option is used to type very small characters just below a line of text. This option is usually useful when writing the chemical formula (H2O).
9. Superscript – This option is used to type very small characters just above the line of text. It is used to write math formulas (a2+b2) in Word.
10. Text Highlight Color – You can use it to highlight any text or paragraph in a document with color.
11. Font Color – This option is used to change the color of the text in the document.
12. Clear All Formatting – This option is used to delete the formatting applied to the selected text, paragraph or the entire document.
13.Text Effects and Typography – To change the look of the text, you can apply many effects like Shadow and Glow to it with the help of this option.
14. Change Case – This function allows you to change the text case. There are three main options included in this option. In which Sentence Case is the first. Using this, you can uppercase the first letter of a sentence and lowercase all other letters. Apart from this, with the help of two other options Uppercase and Lowercase, you can capitalize and reduce all the letters of the text.
Paragraph Groups allow us to change the look of the entire document. By using the Paragraph Formatting Commands present in it, you can organize the information given in the document in a better way.
1.Bullets – This option is used to add Bullet Points to the document.
2. Numbering – With the help of this option you can create Numbered List in the document.
3. Multilevel List – This option is used to outline the document. It helps you to create multiple level list.
4. Align Left, Center, Right & Justify – These options are used to set the text in the document to the left, center, right, and the same format.
5. Line & Paragraph Spacing – Select this option to change the amount of space between lines of text or paragraphs.
6. Decrease Indent – Use this option to push the paragraph to the left corner of the document
7. Increase Indent – Use this option to move the paragraph away from the left corner of the document.
8. Sort – With the help of this option, you can sort the text in the list. so that the text appears in alphabetical order (A to Z or Z to A).
9. Show/Hide – This option is used to show and hide formatting that is usually hidden, such as spaces, paragraph markers, tab marks, etc., made by the user in the document.
10. Border – Click this option to create a border around the selected text or paragraph.
11. Shading – Use this option if you want color in the background of a text or paragraph in a document.
Styles Group, has included some important styles already prepared. Which has a great impact on the layout and design of the document. When you use these styles to apply formatting to a document, you can easily apply multiple changes to the entire document at once.
Some major commands in Styles Group include Heading, Title, Subtitle, No Spacing, Emphasis, Strong, Quote, Book Title, etc. is included.
Editing Group contains commands that are used by the user to find, replace and select text. This group is present at the far right corner in the Home Tab.
1.Find – This option allows you to search for any text in the document. Using this command, you can easily find any character, word, or group of words in a Word document.
2. Replace – This command provides the facility to replace any searched text in the word document with other text.
3. Select – With the help of this option, you can select the entire document, an object, or text with similar formatting.
Home Tab in MS Word is the space that a user uses the most while typing the document. This is the default tab, which contains all the important commands that the user uses to format the text.
In the post (What is Home Tab in MS Word), we have given you information about the Command Groups included in Home Tab and their use.
Finally found the post (What is Home Tab in MS Word) informative, then please do share it on social media, so that this information can reach other people through you.