What is primary memory as you would know, that the main part of a computer is memory. In the Computer System, memory is divided into two parts. Which is called Primary and Secondary Memory. In today’s post, we need to know your primary memory. Let’s see What is primary memory
What is primary memory?
This memory is Volatile and Non-volatile. In this, Volatile means this memory, which only stores the data till the computer starts. And non-volatile has that memory. Which can store data for a long time.
It is near the CPU in the Main Circuit Board. So whatever data is in Primary Memory. So CPU reads that data very fast.
Primary Memory is also known as Internal Memory and Primary Storage . This memory is made from semiconductor and is more expensive than secondary storage.
Types of primary memory in Hindi
Primary Memory is of three types
- Cache Memory
The full name of RAM is Random Access Memory. This is called the main memory of the computer. Whenever you open any software or files in Computer. So it first loads in RAM. After which the CPU is called by the Process .
Therefore it is also called Temporary Memory. It stores any data till then. As long as the CPU needs it. It is very fast in comparison to other storage devices. RAM is a Volatile . There are mainly two types of RAM:
1. SRAM : – The fullform of SRAM is “Static Random Access Memory”. It works as main memory in the computer. And also very expensive.
2. DRAM : – DROM’s fullform is “Dynamic Random Access Memory”. And it is very cheap.
The full form of ROM is Read Only Memory. It is readable only and in this, the store data and program can only be read. Those Fixed Programs are stored in ROM Chip. Which does not need to be modified.
ROM is Non-Volatile and the computer’s Switch Off, even though the program and data in it is not erased. It stores data permanently.
ROM is a slower memory and it is cheaper than RAM. There are three types of ROMs:
1. PROM : – PROM’s fullform is “Programmable Read Only Memory”.
2. EPROM : – The fullform of EPROM is “Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory”.
3. EEPROM : – The fullform of EEPROM is “Electrically Programmable Read Only Memory”.
3. Cache Memory
Cache memory is a small size memory in the computer. Which stores data and instruction. So that they become available for CPU immediately if needed. Cache memory stores temporary data.
features of Primary memory :
1. This memory stores those programs or data. Which is processed by the CPU.
2. The primary memory computer is directly connected to the CPU.
3. It is also known as Semiconductor Memory .
4. Primary memory is quite fast in comparison to secondary storage.
5. It is very expensive compared to secondary storage device.
6. Cannot work in computer without Primary Memory.
So, friends, we hope you have got all the information related to the What is primary memory? full information about is given. We hope that all of you would have liked our post. We always try to give you as much information as possible. In this article, we have tried to give you all kinds of information.
By reading this article What is primary memory? you will get all kinds of information. If you have any doubts related to this article. Or do you have to ask us anything So you guys can comment on us
If you have got anything to learn from this post of our What is primary memory? So at least share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.