Do you know What is the Operating System? Even if you do not know, there is no reason to panic, we will answer it and some other questions will be answered along with it.
Like we know that we are a human and a human has a heart. In such a situation, do you know how this heart works, perhaps it will not be known either.
What is Operating System?
What is Operating System? I mean to say that just as we humans have a heart Computer also has it, and it is technically called the Operating System of Computer.
Whenever you use a mobile or computer, you always keep on speaking Android, Windows, Mac, Linux etc. So all these names belong to one Operating System .
Sometimes Android kitkat, sometimes Android Oreo, or if it is talked about Windows, then someone speaks Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP etc. The same happens in Mac OS
But everyone definitely has a lot of knowledge about all these, but no one knows what is the work of this OS, the heart of the computer. I would like to give you a small feeling that an operating system is a kind of interface between end user and hardware
By the way, how are these types, where are they used, what are their main functions, if you want to know more then what is this article called operating system.
Operating system required
The following points that indicate the need for the operating system:
1. A computer has multiple processes running at a time, and all of them require a central processing unit and computer memory to execute. The operating system supplies these resources for all processes. That is why it is also called Resource Manager .
2. It is almost impossible for a user to use a computer system without an operating system. Because executing a program runs multiple processes simultaneously, which is not easy for a human to manage.
3. The OS creates a communication link between the user and the computer, so that the user can run any application program properly and get the required output.
4. You use your mouse to open the application and click on the menu. All this is possible due to modern operating system. With the help of GUI (Graphical User Interface), you are allowed to do this.
5. Operating System helps the user in file management. Through this, the user can save the data systematically according to their needs.
6. Multitasking is an extremely important feature of the operating system. With this help, we are able to run many programs at one time.
7. The OS provides a platform to run any application program in a computer. Due to which we can do our work with the help of that application.
Functions of Operating System
By now you must have known how important the Operating System is to a computing device. Many important functions are performed by the OS for these devices. The various tasks performed by the operating system are as follows:
As we know, CPU can execute only one process at a time. But we are able to run multi-programs simultaneously in our computer. This is because the OS facilitates multi-programming environment to those processes. This means that the operating system determines when and how long it will access the CPU, ready for all execution.
This feature of
OS is called Process Scheduling In addition, it monitors the status of the process and the processor, and when the process is complete, deallocate the processor (CPU). A program that monitors the status of the process and the processor is known as a traffic controller.
Memory management is a major task performed by the Operating System. Whenever we execute an application or program, it is first loaded into the main memory of the computer. Now if we execute many programs at one time, all of them will require memory. Here the main memory is managed by the operating system.
Each hardware device performs a different function. But the OS manages device communication with the help of its respective drivers. There is a different driver for each hardware device. These drivers make communication between software and hardware successful.
All hardware devices connected to the system are tracked by the OS. A program called I / O Controller is used for this. The OS decides which con process will access a particular device and for how long. In addition, the Operating System allocates hardware devices in an effective and efficient manner.
We can organize the files in the computer in the directories so that they can be used with easy navigation. Under which an operating system plays an important role. For example the OS sees that the data is the said store, as well as helps to find resources. These collective features are often referred to as the File System.
The OS ensures that only the user has access to the computer and its data. Password protection and other technologies are used by the Operating System to do this. Data is an important part of any computer system. If it reaches another person, then they can use and manipulate the data illegally.
Providing User Interface
Operating system acts as an interface for the user to use computer resources. This can be a Graphical User Interface (GUI), in which the user clicks on an on-screen element to communicate with the OS; In addition, it can be the Command-Line Interface (CLI), in which the user commands the OS to perform the task.
View system performance
The Operating System monitors the overall performance of our computer, as well as keeps us informed of the status of the CPU. With this, we can see how busy our CPU is, or how quickly our hard drive retrieves data, etc. The recording of all the activities taking place in the system is the work of an operating system.
Make an error
To avoid system malfunction, the OS continuously detects the errors in it. The operating system uses various methods to detect errors.
Types of operating systems
Some of the most widely used operating systems are as follows
- Batch Operating System
- Multi programming Operating System
- Multitasking Operating System
- Distributed Operating System
- Network Operating System
- Real Time Operating System
- Time Sharing Operating System
- Multiprocessing Operating System
To know in detail about all these operating systems read this post Type of operating system
In this post you have known What is Operating System in Hindi Hopefully, you would have liked this post of ours. Apart from this, if you have any question or suggestion, please do tell through the following comment.
In the end, if the post is informative, then please share it on social media, so that this information can be reached to other people through you.